Trescobeas operates the doctors Telephone Call Back (TCB) System. The system is designed to avoid wasting yours and the doctor's time and to ensure that the doctor has all the relevant information available at your consultation.
To book a Telephone Call Back call the surgery on 01326 315615, alternatively these can be booked online.
If you have an on-going problem, please ensure that you book your call back with the doctor that has already been treating you to ensure continuity of care.
What the System Provides
- Same day access
- Telephone call backs bookable to suit you
- Choice of doctor
- Planned consultations
- Reduced parking problems
- Quick and easy access for follow up
- Telephone call backs bookable in advance
- Continuity of care
- Reduced time off work
- Reduced crowding in waiting room
- Quick and easy access for advice
- Quick and easy access to results
How the Telephone Call Back System Works
- When you call for a doctor you will be given a Telephone Call Back (TCB) slot with the appropriate doctor.
- The appropriate doctor will be based on the principle of “continuity of care” and availability.
- You will be asked for a brief description of why you wish to speak with the doctor.
- The doctor will call you back within a 30 minute window of your TCB slot.
- If required a mutually convenient face to face appointment will be arranged.
How the Online Booking System Works
In order to have access to this system it will be necessary to provide the surgery with a current email address. Please bring a form of identification into the surgery where we will be able to set this up. Identification includes a birth certificate, driving licence or passport. Please note that identification for online services is mandatory, but you will not be refused to register as a patient if you cannot provide ID.
For more information and to start the registration process please visit the registering online tab in the new patient section.
Continuity of Care
The practice believes in the principle of “Continuity of Care”. As such if a patient has seen one doctor for a specific problem they should continue with that doctor for that problem. This avoids multiple interventions by different doctors which can lead to duplication and errors. This does not preclude a patient seeking a second opinion at any time.
Discussing a Reason with the Receptionist
Some patients would prefer not to discuss their reason for wanting a consultation but there are good reasons why we ask this:
- It allows the patient to see the appropriate clinician. There are some conditions that nurses deal with rather than the doctors.
- It allows the doctor to have the relevant information available BEFORE calling you back.
The receptionist will ask using a version of the following phrase:
“To ensure that the doctor has all the relevant information to hand when they calls you back, please could you give me an idea of the problem or query.”
Please note you are not required to give a reason – if that is the case they will simply enter “personal”
- Pre-Bookable TCBs: Patients ARE able to pre-book TCB consultations with the doctor as far ahead as the rota allows – at least one month.
- Please try to avoid calling for non-urgent matters on Monday mornings.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.